Healthcare costs are higher than ever, and hearing aids are a prime example of this. If you’re on the hunt for affordable hearing aids, finding a reasonable price may seem impossible. Read on to find out more about average prices and discover a few money-saving tips.
What The Facts Say About Reasonable Hearing Aid Prices
Unfortunately, some of the rumors about sky-high hearing aid prices are true. The costs vary with each manufacturer, but you’ll likely spend thousands of dollars on them. Take a look at a few facts and statistics below.
- Prices can range from $1,000 to $6,000 per hearing aid.
- The average price is over $2,300 for one hearing aid.
- Health insurance usually doesn’t cover hearing aids.
Based on the information above, you can expect to pay at least over $2,000 for one hearing aid. If you need two hearing aids, you end up spending a pretty big chunk of money.
This makes the term ‘reasonable’ seem a bit questionable, and it’s easy to see why. It’s not exactly easy to shell out cash, but hearing aids are a crucial expense.
Tips For Buying Affordable Hearing Aids (No Strings Attached)
The truth is that your chances of getting free hearing aids are slim. The good news is that there are money-saving options available. Consider some of the following tips:
- Choose your must-have features. Buyers spend hours comparing product features when shopping. You’d do this when buying a TV, so do the same when selecting hearing aids. Pricier models tend to have advanced features that you may not need.
- Keep an eye out for hearing aid service packages. It’s pretty common for the price of hearing aids to include ‘bundled’ services. Examples include repairs, audiologist appointments, and adjustments. A higher price that includes services you need may be worth the price difference.
- Explore your funding options. Your insurance may not cover hearing aid costs, but you can check out other financial resources. The U.S Department of Health & Human Services may list options in your state. You can also contact your local health department to see what funding and organizations are available.
There’s no magic way to avoid paying for hearing aids, but don’t let that get you down. Explore your options for affordable hearing aids to see how you can cut down on costs.
… Read the rest